Some of my testing revealed the following:
- Voltage across the LED emitter is 23 volts.
- Current is .23 Amps.
- The temperature of the heat sink goes up to a toasty 67° C (152° F).
- An incandescent and CFL bulb emits light in a rough hemisphere away from the socket while the LED bulb emits more light in the direction away from the socket.
- When mounted on the ceiling, the LED bulb casts a darker shadow than a 100-watt bulb.
(You can click on any of the pictures to see a larger view.)
- Complete bulb
- Plastic diffuser
- LED emitter assembly
- LED retaining screws
- Heat conducting rubber pad
- Aluminum heat sink
- Black plastic insulating sheets protect electronics inside the heatsink
- Electronics printed circuit board and E-26 (medium or standard Edison) socket